The National Authority for Yiddish Culture (Israel) and the International Yiddish Center of the World Jewish Congress are pleased to announce a seminar on Yiddish language and culture which will take place in Vilnius, Lithuania, on June 17-20, 2019.
The seminar is intended for Israeli students who are currently studying Yiddish culture and language, or working on their thesis, at Israeli academic institutions.
The following expenses will be covered by the organizers:
- ·Hotel accommodations, two participants to a room. The name of the hotel will be provided later;
- ·Six lectures on the topic;
- ·Two study tours: one on foot, one by bus (of up to 3 hours) of Jewish sites in Vilnius, including a trip to Ponary/Paneriai with a local guide;
- ·Meals, half board:
- 3 breakfasts at the hotel;
- 3 dinners at a kosher-style restaurant;
- Coffee breaks between the lectures: tea, coffee, cookies
The participants who apply and are accepted shall be responsible for the following:
- ·Cost of round-trip flight;
- ·Transfer from the airport to the hotel and back (inexpensive and convenient, as the airport is close to the city);
- ·Health insurance.
A detailed program will be provided closer to the seminar.
The number of places is limited.
For more information, contact the National Authority for Yiddish Culture at 03-6006325.